WOW, I honestly can’t believe how quickly 2017 has come to an end and we have already started another trip around the sun!
2017 was one of the most amazing years from ringing in the new year in Australia to finishing the credential program to moving into a new place! I can’t wait to see where 2018 takes me!
I wanted to share a quick post on some of my new years resolutions with all of you!
My New Years Resolutions:
- Be Present – I ALWAYS think about what will happen in the future, but I have recently been trying to be more present and really take in the moment and truly enjoy everything around me.
- Practice Yoga & Meditate Daily – This is something I have started last year and I want to continue to grow in my practice. I want to make it a daily thing, whether if I step onto my mat for 60 minutes or just 5 minutes. Taking that step makes all the difference and really helped me get through 2017 in a more positive, less stressful way.
- Radiate Kindness – The world we currently live in has so much negativity, but if each of us can radiate kindness and do something nice for at least one person each day we can truly make a difference! We may think to ourselves, “I’m only one person, what can I really do?”, but the more people begin to shine that positive light, it will continue to grow and we can bring so much positivity to the world around us!
- Go Vegan – This year I recently found out I have a gluten and dairy sensitivity after many issues I was experiencing daily with the food I was eating. Now that I have completely cut these things out of my diet I can feel a HUGE difference in how my body feels and looks. I want to continue my journey of going vegan, although I have not completely cut out eggs, fish, and turkey (which I eat very rarely now). My goal is to try and go completely vegan by the end of 2018.
- Blog Regularly – It was SO exciting for me to finally start my blog in 2017 and I want to continue my journey with blogging! It brings me so much joy to come on here and write about things I love so much and get to share with all of you. Although, at times, it’s scary to think of the unknown, but I’m excited to see where this blog may take me in the future! It makes it all worth it to know I get to share my life and experiences with all of you.
- Get Hired as a Permanent Elementary School Teacher – I recently finished my Multiple Subject Credential Program and am currently substitute teaching. I am excited to begin this new journey and I can’t wait to see where this year takes me and I hope to get hired on as a permanent teacher.
- Yoga Teacher Training – I started practicing yoga in 2014 and really took my practice to the next level in 2017. I started practicing at least 5 times a week and have been loving how it has transformed my life in such a positive way. I have been wanting to do my yoga teacher training for about 2 years now, this is the year I have finally made it a goal rather than just a dream.
- Start Playing with More Creative Recipes – Living a healthy lifestyle is something that is such an important component in my life. It has been so amazing to try new vegan recipes this year and my goal is to start playing and getting more creative with healthy, yummy recipes to share on THIS blog with all of you!
I would love to hear what everyone else’s new years resolutions are too! Don’t forget to leave me a comment below and share one of your resolutions!
Cheers to 2018!
I know I’ve been MIA for a while now, BUT I’m back! It feels so good to be blogging again! Here’s just a short little post to get you all caught up on where I’ve been and what’s been going on in my life for the past few months.
This past semester I completed my student teaching in both a Kindergarten and a 5th grade classroom.
Out of all of the semesters, this by far was the most intensive. I was in a classroom 5-days a week (full time and not even getting paid haha), but this experience has been something I will always hold dear to my heart.
Now that the semester is over, I have been able to think back on all the memories, learning experiences, and relationships I have formed. All of this has made me realize this is what I was made to do; be an elementary school teacher.
In January, I will begin substitute teaching full-time again, until I get hired as a permanent teacher.
I plan to begin blogging at least once a week; sharing all things from my experiences in the classroom, to workouts, to living a healthy lifestyle. I can’t wait to begin sharing my experiences here with all of you!
Happy New Year, here’s to 2018!
First off, I hope everyone had an AMAZING Fourth of July! This is one of my favorite holidays! I mean, how much fun is it to celebrate the same thing (our beautiful country!) with everyone in our country, especially in our own communities!
The most fun part, in my opinion, about America’s birthday celebration is putting together a cute & patriotic outfit! I wore my go-to Levi cutoffs, a cute off-the-shoulder white and blue ruffle top, white low-top Converse, & finished the look off with some fun accessories – a red bandana and Ray-Bans. I also wore my blue velvet swimsuit from KAOHS Swim. I would love to see what YOU guys wore.. don’t be shy and share a pic! 🙂
My favorite way to start the day is watching the Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade! It’s a HUGE celebration, bringing thousands of people down to the beach to watch it in person, also shown live on TV! My boyfriend and I BBQ’d with our friends and family and then rode our bikes over to Newport Beach to continue our celebration in the sand and sun!
Here are a few pictures from my day!
How to get the look:
Top – TigerMist (N/A, shop similar looks)
Shorts – Levi’s (purchased in Australia, Style – 550 Relaxed Fit)
Shoes – Converse
Bandana – Nectar Clothing
Sunglasses – Ray-Ban
Swimsuit – KAOHS (N/A, shop similar looks)
Don’t forget to comment and post your pictures below so I can see your fun experiences too!
I am so excited to begin this journey I have been contemplating for years and recently had the confidence to finally start my lifestyle blog.
Two years ago I started my journey of blogging as a hobby in my free time when I wasn’t painting faces. I wanted to share my beauty secrets and favorite products that I used in my own makeup business, which lead to my beauty blog.
Guess what.. life got in the way and my journey changed unexpectedly when I decided I wanted to change my career path to teaching those cute, little, tiny humans. Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on my teaching journey I decided that there wasn’t going to be a better time than NOW to put my love for writing and put that into something creative… my lifestyle blog.
I decided to change it up from solely being a beauty blogger because I have so many more loves in my life that I can’t wait to share with you guys! I have some fun life steps I plan to begin and want to share this with you all during the craziest times we call our, TWENTIES.
I can’t believe I started blogging when I was just 24 years old and now being 26 I was like, WHAT am I doing?! I continue to frequently tell myself how much I love writing and blogging, why am I not pursuing this? Well, with a little push and inspiration from my loved ones I can finally say, “I’m here, I’m doing this”.
Trying something new is always so scary and you always contemplate the failures, but what better time than now to JUMP into your dreams and FLY! I wasn’t completely sure what I wanted this blog to be about because of how many interests I have, so what better way to channel all of my interests than to feature all of these things into one blog.. a diary of my journey and perspective on life.
Thank you so much for reading & stay tuned!