WOW, I honestly can’t believe how quickly 2017 has come to an end and we have already started another trip around the sun!
2017 was one of the most amazing years from ringing in the new year in Australia to finishing the credential program to moving into a new place! I can’t wait to see where 2018 takes me!
I wanted to share a quick post on some of my new years resolutions with all of you!
My New Years Resolutions:
- Be Present – I ALWAYS think about what will happen in the future, but I have recently been trying to be more present and really take in the moment and truly enjoy everything around me.
- Practice Yoga & Meditate Daily – This is something I have started last year and I want to continue to grow in my practice. I want to make it a daily thing, whether if I step onto my mat for 60 minutes or just 5 minutes. Taking that step makes all the difference and really helped me get through 2017 in a more positive, less stressful way.
- Radiate Kindness – The world we currently live in has so much negativity, but if each of us can radiate kindness and do something nice for at least one person each day we can truly make a difference! We may think to ourselves, “I’m only one person, what can I really do?”, but the more people begin to shine that positive light, it will continue to grow and we can bring so much positivity to the world around us!
- Go Vegan – This year I recently found out I have a gluten and dairy sensitivity after many issues I was experiencing daily with the food I was eating. Now that I have completely cut these things out of my diet I can feel a HUGE difference in how my body feels and looks. I want to continue my journey of going vegan, although I have not completely cut out eggs, fish, and turkey (which I eat very rarely now). My goal is to try and go completely vegan by the end of 2018.
- Blog Regularly – It was SO exciting for me to finally start my blog in 2017 and I want to continue my journey with blogging! It brings me so much joy to come on here and write about things I love so much and get to share with all of you. Although, at times, it’s scary to think of the unknown, but I’m excited to see where this blog may take me in the future! It makes it all worth it to know I get to share my life and experiences with all of you.
- Get Hired as a Permanent Elementary School Teacher – I recently finished my Multiple Subject Credential Program and am currently substitute teaching. I am excited to begin this new journey and I can’t wait to see where this year takes me and I hope to get hired on as a permanent teacher.
- Yoga Teacher Training – I started practicing yoga in 2014 and really took my practice to the next level in 2017. I started practicing at least 5 times a week and have been loving how it has transformed my life in such a positive way. I have been wanting to do my yoga teacher training for about 2 years now, this is the year I have finally made it a goal rather than just a dream.
- Start Playing with More Creative Recipes – Living a healthy lifestyle is something that is such an important component in my life. It has been so amazing to try new vegan recipes this year and my goal is to start playing and getting more creative with healthy, yummy recipes to share on THIS blog with all of you!
I would love to hear what everyone else’s new years resolutions are too! Don’t forget to leave me a comment below and share one of your resolutions!
Cheers to 2018!